Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the first post on my new blog. Last week the library where I work, Omaha Public Library, started a web 2.0 - or Library 2.0 training program called O! What a Geek! Part of our experience is to create our own blog.

Actually, I've been considering starting one for awhile. Recently I joined LibraryThing and have been getting involved in some discussion groups. I also started a sports blog on MyESPN. I'm an avid Ohio State fan having graduated from there and having performed in the famous TBDBITL.

This summer I also began working on a Masters degree in Library Science at the University of Missouri, through its Omaha extension program.

So, this new blog will allow me to journal my progress as a professional librarian through on the job training and academic study.

I really enjoy working at OPL. My first 6 months were spent as a Public Service Assistant at the Millard Branch. Now I serve as a Clerk at the Charles B. Washington Branch, which is in North O. I like helping the patrons and learning how to do new things everyday.

So, if there are any friends or fellow library workers who stumble upon my blog, please post a short comment to say "Hi" and let me know you're out there.

1 comment:

Jill ONeill said...

Love the name of your blog! Saxhorn's Blats!