Monday, October 13, 2008

Thing # 13 - del.icio.us

i LOVE delicious! (on the web as well as on my plate). I was getting frustrated this Spring working on three different computers and having to bookmark the same pages in every browser. Then I saw delicious on a coworker's browser and decided to investigate. This was the answer to my need, and I must say that it has opened the door for me to add other web-based applications. A few years ago I used a laptop almost exclusively, but I no longer have one, and must rely on desktop PCs for my computing. Having portability in bookmarks and applications makes much more sense.

One of my favorite web-based apps is Google Calendar. I've created a series of calendars which are hosted on a free web calendar server and then download them to my Google Calendar. My wife and I both have current calendars to compare our schedules, and I don't have to retain all that info in my mind anymore. Having Google Calendar as one of my AAA bookmarks in delicious, it is readily available whenever I need to check a date. I already added OPL Staff Day to the last Friday in April 2009.

No comments: