Friday, July 22, 2011

CPD23 - #3 Your Personal Brand

I've been aware of branding, especially for organizations, for awhile, and I have even checked my name on google a couple of times to see if I'm even listed. Surprise! My new google+ account profile comes up first on the search page. Who knew?

I show up most often under my full name and secondly under my self-assumed nickname. Often there are links between the two. There is some consistency with use of name, but less so with images. I like two professional photos that I display on Facebook, google+, and my blog, but for some reason have chosen a "Flat Stanley" for Twitter. Perhaps because when I first started posting Twitter was more a newsy "here's what I'm doing" kind of app. I need to change my old photo on LibraryThing, and maybe Twitter, too.

Since I work in the library field, but really live in the wind band world, I guess I'll have to live with a little inconsistency to my total brand. Does this mean I'm schizophrenic? Should I consider separating my two identities? How does that work on Facebook where I crossover?

For now, I think I'll clean up photo images and pay more attention to what I write, and how I write it.

No comments: