Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thing # 20 - YouTube

OK, I know I'm out of sequence, but I needed time to play and figured it really doesn't matter if the things are done in order.

When I opened YouTube this morning I was greeted by several "American Military March" videos sporting waving US flags and playing Sousa marches. Well performed recordings, probably by service bands from Washington, but the video portion left a lot to be desired. Then I saw one of my favorite German marches listed, "Alte Kamaraden." So, I clicked on that and then found a whole bunch of German military marches. I thought about posting one of those to Thing #20 but wanted to be in good taste, so I passed.

Then I searched for the most famous marching band routine in the world, "Script Ohio." Well of course there were lots of postings, but the video doesn't do the marching justice. Next I found a lot of Yea Ohio-Boo Michigan (to say it nicely) stuff. A lot is very funny, but in poor taste for a G-rated blog. The funniest one was a baby crying whenever the Michigan fight song was played.

Finally, I settled on this party video. I can't imagine drinking all those beers just to pull this one off.

No comments: