Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CPD23 - Thing 19 - Reflection and Adoption

During our CPD23 experience we've been exposed to a number of applications and websites that can improve our online professional image, and help us create teaching demonstrations.

I found the "Thing" on branding very helpful and have cleaned up a couple of my profiles on various social sites. As a result, I started a professional Twitter presence and made some changes in the professional presence on facebook. I really like the examples of LinkedIn profiles that were posted, and I plan to re-vamp my profile in a couple of weeks.

I was already familiar with several of the tools such as dropbox, google docs, and audacity, but some new tools that I want to investigate are Mendeley and Jing.

I appreciate the effort to create this professional development series, and congratulate the authors/compilers on a wonderful asset for working library staffers.

No comments: